everyone has life goals. here are mine:
- Visit Machu Picchu.
- Go hot air ballooning a la my mother 30 years ago.
- Walk on the Great Wall in China
- See the Giza pyramids in Egypt. Don’t get spit on for being a ginger. [Apparently the Egyptians are not fond of the firecrackers. That must be why their civilization peaked in the BC years.]
- Safari in Tanzania.
- Involve myself in something bigger than my petty goals [e.g. doing a gap year after law school and volunteering in Africa or Eastern Europe].
- Donate an extravagant, ridiculous, excessive amount of money anonymously.
- Be able to find the happiness in activities I did as a child that I gave up for petty reasons.
- Be able to find the happiness in activities that lost their fun when I got too competitive.
- Have a bonfire on the beach with good beer and good friends.
- Drive the Pacific Coast Highway in a Jag Roadster.
- Learn Pashto.
- Travel Afghanistan.
- Go to Moscow.
- Go to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
- Watch the sunset on Ayers Rock.
- See the Northern Lights.
- Move to DC. As a Congressman this time.
- Sail on Lake Geneva.
- Luge the Cresta Run. Even though I’m a chick.
- Go back to New Zealand as a real adult and reminisce over those 5 months.
That’s it for now. I’ll probably add more later.