i find that i’ve been rushing life lately. saying things like “i can’t wait to graduate” and “come on may 2011”. and one of the many very important things i learned at sweet briar was to not rush time. life is so short and allowing the bad things to overshadow a period of life i won’t be able to get back is just silly.
but really, y’all, i am nearing the end of my rope as life as a student. yes, the summers are nice, and paying back my loans is going to suck a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious amount, but i really am ready for the next step. i’m really jealous of my friends doing “adult” things i haven’t been able to do. for example:
- i want to buy a couch. well, home furnishings of all kinds, but specifically a couch.
- go out for a nice dinner more than once per semester.
- for that matter, cook more than just pasta and chicken. i am tres bored with the food i cook.
- i really want a wine cellar. i understand this is a bit
absurdfar-fetched for a 23 year old, but i love wine and it would be so nice to have a reserve with tons of choices!
- i’m ready to have a life not doled out in semesters! i know i’ll have deadlines, but i can’t wait to stop missing out on all the fun before christmas and derby days because of exams.
- have an income. lord in heaven do i want a steady source of money.
for now i’ll just hang out. i have 13 months left, so i’ll enjoy my last short time of:
- 3-month summer vacays.
- being able to waste time in the day [hello google reader during class]
- low expectations. no one really expects anything out of law students and i do enjoy that. fits nicely with the no real responsibility.
anything you’re looking forward to?
anything you miss?