a lifetime or so ago, i went to a women’s college. though classes and riding were 100% women, we weren’t without men, as nearby there was a military school and our very southern, very preppy brother school. we fratted with them, “dated” them, and were friends with them. but by and large, my besties from college were women. for years, i couldn’t imagine being friends with boys without dating them.
now it seems as though life is catching up with me. my closest friends here are boys.
i’ve talked about tomtom before. he’s my law school BFF. he’s fun, his wife is fun, they live in a fun town (two towns and a bridge away from mine) and i usually stay at their house when we go out drankin. he’s currently on a mission to get me to stay in new england after graduation and as such, is trying to set me up with one of his gorgeous sailing friends (he was a pro sailor before law school). some men are more successful than others, but hey, it’s nice he’s trying.
i was thinking yesterday about how much i tweet about “the boys,” yet i haven’t properly introduced any of them besides tomtom.
my deepest apologies.
so here, on the bloggy for the first time, i present my boys:
- C: he’s like the love child of james bond and the situation. he drinks martinis like they’re going out of style, but gels his hair and wears AXE body spray.
- I: he was a D1 offensive linesman. he’s big, he’s covered in tattoos, and he’s a big pile of emotional mush. (don’t tell the others)
- M: he’s the pervy uncle everyone loves. graying hair, watches every baseball game that is ever on TV, and makes the world’s most inappropriate jokes.
- N: he’s a short, politically-minded, portuguese man. he subscribes to the new york times and can house a beer like no one i know. we scream about politics and make up over football. (except for that time he rooted against alabama. we don’t talk about that.)
- A: he’s our non-drinking, 6’5″ triathlete, designated driver. he makes fun of everyone on earth with no limits. the words “too soon” are unfamiliar to him.